To implement StackPath CDN on your website using WP Fastest Cache plugin, follow the steps below.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel.
- Hover your mouse pointer over “Plugins” and click “Add New”.
- In the “Search” box, type “WP Fastest Cache” and click “Search Plugins”.
- Click “Install Now”. A prompt dialog will open and ask if you are sure you want to install the plugin. Click “OK” and after the plugin is installed, click “Activate Plugin”.
- Configure WP Fastest Cache with the following default settings.
(please note that the configuration for this part is not tested on all themes and websites so certain websites might need a different configuration)
- Go to “CDN” tab and select “CDN by MaxCDN”.
(MaxCDN is another platform under StackPath, but both are using MaxCDN option in this setup)
- On the following window, click “Next” to proceed with the integration.
- On this window, you will be entering your CDN URL which is provided when you create your site in StackPath. Followed by Origin URL which should match your domain name (Origin URL) that you used to create the site.
Note that this plugin requires http/https prefix. Match the one you are using, otherwise, implementation won’t work.
- Now choose which files you want CDN to serve from your website.
- Skip specifying of the sources by clicking “Next”.
- Next windows will acknowledge your CDN configuration and confirm that CDN is integrated. Click “Finish” and then “Close”.
- After these steps are completed, you should purge the cache in order for the settings to be applied. This option can be found on “Delete Cache” tab.
Compare the before and after tests and note that it can take one to seven days for your site to reflect the performance improvements of a CDN. Both of these test sites also will give you SEO recommendations that you can follow.